Monday, December 6, 2010

You'll Come like the Rain

I've never written a blog before. Or anything public for that matter. But, nonetheless, it has always been one of those things I want to check off of my list to do. So, here goes nothing.

I don't exactly know where this will go, but it gets me so excited. I have an unspoken passion for writing and I can't wait to look over this in the coming months and reflect on my senior year.

The inspiration for this blog came from the lyrics of one of my favorite worship songs sung by Misty Edwards, My Soul Longs For You. It was chosen for two reasons. One. God is my center and it would be a disservice to not include Him in such an exciting endeavor. Two. Rain is one of my favorite things that God gave me. The smell, feel, sound. I love it all. I also love how rain always seems to cater to me when it decides to come around. Rain has given me the perfect background to a great book. Rain has scared me when pride has crept into my life. Rain has danced with me on many an afternoon. Rain has cried with me. Rain renews me. Without rain, I feel like there would be a missing link to my heavenly Father. To me, they are one in the same, but Rain, oh Rain, it really allows me to experience the might, love, and power of the Lord in such a palpable way.


My Soul Longs for You
Misty Edwards

My soul longs for You
My soul longs for you
Nothing else will do
Nothing else will do

My soul longs for You
My soul longs for you
Nothing else will do
Nothing else will do

I believe You will come like the rain
I believe You will come like the rain

You'll come like the rain
You'll come like the rain

So let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain

So let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain
Let it rain

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
You'll make all things new
All things new

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
You'll make all things new
All things new

No comments:

Post a Comment